Become a KSBDC client
If you are starting a business, please complete the following:
1. Complete the online Start-Up Business Assessment or download the form.
2. Complete the Summary of Money Needs Form.
3. If you downloaded the PDF forms, you will need to fax them to a KSBDC center or to the KSBDC state office. If you submitted the forms in our online assessment, your information will be forwarded to a KSBDC center near you. If you do not hear from them within 3 working days, please call a center near you or the state office. Click here to view a map of center locations.
If you are already in business, please complete the following:
Complete the online Request for Counseling. Select the New Client Counseling tab on the right hand side of the page. Enter your information and then select the center where you would like to receive counseling.
You will be contacted by a KSBDC team member within 3 working days.
If you are purchasing an existing business, please:
1. Follow the steps of the start-up business above.
2. Please collect 3 years financials & tax returns of the business you are purchasing to discuss with your KSBDC consultant.
3. Please collect the information on the asking price of the business you are purchasing to discuss this with your KSBDC consultant.
4. Please get a listing of the assets included with the business purchase and their fair market value.
5. Take a look at the the Checklist for Buying a Business and the Buying a Business Resources section on this website in advance of meeting with a KSBDC consultant.
Individuals receiving KSBDC services are required to complete SBA Form 641.
Click here to download the form
. Please contact a KSBDC center if you have questions. Forms are available at each center.
NetWork Kansas Live Chat
Referral Coordinators are available to provide the necessary resource referrals to you throughout the small business startup, growth, and maintenance process via Live Chat